Lovell Elementary Guidance Mission Statement
Lovell Elementary Guidance Program will promote a caring atmosphere whereby children's needs are met through prevention, early identification, and intervention. The program will assist students in three specific areas identified by the American School Counselor Association standards which are: Academics, personal/social, and career/technical. This will allow children to develop a positive sense of self and become effective students, responsible citizens and life long learners.
- All students are capable of high achievement and deserve to be surrounded by an environment of high expectations.
- All students have equal rights to counseling services & guidance services.
- All students have the right to a safe, respectful school environment.
- The school counselor is a resource and an advocate for all students, staff, parents and the community.
- All students, parents, educators, and members of the community share responsibility for the general welfare and success of each individual.
- A school guidance program should be comprehensive in scope, developmental in nature and preventative in design.
- All students have diverse strengths, needs and abilities that contribute to their academic, personal, social, career and community goals.