Welcome to Lovell Elementary Guidance Page!!
Lovell Elementary Guidance Mission
Lovell Elementary Guidance Program will promote a caring atmosphere whereby children's needs are met through prevention, early identification, and intervention. The program will assist students in three specific areas identified by the American School Counselor Association standards which are: Academics, personal/social, and career/technical. This will allow children to develop a positive sense of self and become effective students, responsible citizens and life long learners.
What does a School Counselor do?
- Work with individuals and small groups
- Help identify needs of students
- Encourage better interpersonal relationships
- Promote positive attitudes and choices
- Provide preventative services
- Teach developmentally appropriate classroom guidance lessons
- Meet with parents
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and outside agencies as needed
- Talk, read books, play games or draw pictures with children who need to talk
- Hold parent workshops on relevant topics
A student may see a counselor for help with...
- Social Skills
- Friendship issues
- Anger Management or self-control
- Difficult Decisions
- Family concerns
- Happy Occasions
- Death/Serious illness in Family
- Success & Accomplishments
- Any other areas of concern