My name is Mr. May! Welcome to Lovell Elementary Guidance Page!!
What does a School Counselor do?
- Work with individuals and small groups
- Help identify needs of students
- Encourage better interpersonal relationships
- Promote positive attitudes and choices
- Provide preventative services
- Teach developmentally appropriate classroom guidance lessons
- Meet with parents
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and outside agencies as needed
- Talk, read books, play games or draw pictures with children who need to talk
- Hold parent workshops on relevant topics
A student may see a counselor for help with...
- Social Skills
- Friendship issues
- Anger Management or self-control
- Difficult Decisions
- Family concerns
- Happy Occasions
- Death/Serious illness in Family
- Success & Accomplishments
- Any other areas of concern